Deftones Live in KL 2011

Today when I was browsing through my Twitter account, I saw this...

The CEO of Tune Talk, Jason Lo twittered
Indeed it was a good news to all Deftones fans in Malaysia and Tune Talk also did presented Paramore's concert when they came down recently.

Who is Deftones?

Deftones is a rock band from America labeled under Maverick Records is lead by the vocal singer, Chino Moreno. Followed by Stephen Carpenter (guitar), Chi Cheng (bass), Frank Delgado (keyboards and turntables), and Abe Cunningham (drums and percussion)



I was introduced to this band by a very good friend of mine during my high school year. If you know the band KoRn and a well-known American brand 'Pony' , I assume that most of you will have heard of Deftones. I had their very 1st few albums in audio cassettes and a CD of their forth album self titled 'Deftones'. In that album, I personally like the song, Minerva, which is their 1st single in that album, Pins and Needles and Moana. Believe it or not, Minerva has been going into my head for these past few days. I would recommend the song 7 Words and Bored from their debut album, I am still hyped up as I was before whenever I listen to that songs.
Around the Fur and Digital Bath are quite catchy too! Very recommended! :)

One thing I was very wrong about this band is, I labeled them under the 'nu metal' band for many years until I read an article released during their forth album.
Chino Moreno, the vocal singer was quoted as saying, "It's all on record. We told motherfuckers not to lump us in with nu metal because when those bands go down we aren't going to be with them."
This Art-metal experimentalists Deftones will be making their way to South East Asia in the new year, with two sure to be explosive shows in Malaysia!

It was a very saddening news that a great bassist in this band, Chi Cheng had went into a coma state after a car accident in the year 2008. The former Quicksand bassist, Sergio Vega played bass for the band during that period. Deftones rebounded in 2010 with their brand new album Diamond Eyes, which was written after bassist Chi Cheng fell into a coma, thus driving the band to push back the much hyped Eros album till the day Chi reawakens. While that day may not be far off as reports from the hospital on Chi's condition have been very encouraging. Will he be performing in Malaysia with the rest of the band mates? I doubt it will happen... sigh...
Diamond Eyes is their latest and it is the sixth album which was released on May 4, 2010.
'Rocket Skates' is the very 1st hit single in this album.

If I am Chino who is going to perform in the concert, I will most probably gonna say,
"Chi Cheng, this album is meant for you!"

When: 8.30pm, 14th February 2011
Where: KL Live
Tix: RM258 (Rock Zone), RM188 (Upper Tier), RM98 (Free Standing)
Tickets will be on sale on 7 December 2010 via Ticketpro & Red Tix
Click for the official Facebook event page HERE 

Deftones will be performing in 4 other South East Asia countries as well:

Indonesia
When: 8th February 2011
Where: Senayan Tennis Indoor Stadium, Jakarta
Tix: On sale 27th November

Philippines
When: 12th February 2011
Where: World Trade Centre, Manila
Tix: On-sale December 1st

Thailand
When: 15th February 2011
Where: Thunderdome, Bangkok
Tix: On-sale Nov 27th

Singapore
When: 16th February 2011
Where: Singapore Indoor Stadium
Tix: On-sale Dec 1st

Minerva from their self-titled album 'Deftones'


Diamond Eyes from the album 'Diamond Eyes'


Rock on DEFTONES!
See you this coming Valentine's Day!

-Peace Out-

Comments